Ethical Design Manifesto
Sell products, Not people.
Make products that …
Respect Human Rights
- Sustainable = green (our world needs some help)
- Available for all: which also means affordable, not owned by a big company with as purpose greed.
- Decentralised: make sure technology is available everywhere
- Open & interoperable: allow techno to work together in open way
- Accessible: easy to access, fast enough, everywhere in the world
- Secure & private: protect your assets from the evil forces out there (-:
- Make sure that any company involved follows our value
Respect Human Effort
- Make sure technology is reliable and lasts longer (no need to replace in 5 years).
- Avoid complexity (KIS): no unnecessary complexity.
- LESS = MORE (do less to achieve more)
- Let people/companies work together in a 100% transparent way.
Respect Human Experience
- Products should be ergonomic & easy to use
- Design should be global: don’t favor certain user groups !
- Products should look good, it will give us a better feeling
- TRANSPARENT: sales, pricing, processes,
**Design your organisations so that your core values are respect for human rights,
respect for human effort, and respect for human experience.**
original ideas, graphics & text come from https://ind.ie/ethical-design/ (we’ve added our own twist to it)